This Monday, June 26, a panel of four independent jurors, including DIALOG Chair Antonio Gomez-Palacio as Jury Chair, evaluated the 2023 Halifax Urban Design Awards submissions and selected winners.
The design submissions from around Halifax municipal communities represent community content, inspire civic awareness and participation, and intentionally addresses accessibility, diversity and inclusion.
The awards ceremony included projects from designers, developers, sponsors, students and owners – all making a lasting, positive impact on residents for the betterment of community.
Congratulations to all winners and to all who submitted, and thank you to the jurors and everyone who helped organize!
Community Connections and Initiatives
- Reimagining Gottingen Street Seating, OSO Planning + Design; FBM Architecture, Omar Gandhi Architect, Peter Henry Architect: Award of Excellence
Heritage Adaptive Re-Use Projects
- Kinney Place, T.A Scott Architecture + Design: Award of Merit
- Sprout Dwellings, Sprout Dwellings Inc.: Award of Merit
- Diamond Bailey Healing, Fathom Studio: Award of Excellence
Landscape Architecture and Civic Design Projects
- Queen’s Marque, Fathom Studio: Award of Merit
- Peggy’s Cove Viewing Deck, Omar Gandhi Architects: Award of Excellence
- Food Activism: Fighting for Affordable Living and Food Justice, Tai Nguyen Ha, Faculty of Architecture and Planning, Dalhousie University: Award of Excellence
- The George, Dexel Architecture Ltd., Fathom Studio: Award of Excellence
- Halifax Explosion Markers, RHAD Architects: Award of Excellence
Click HERE to learn more.