Established in 2019, the University of British Columbia DIALOG Graduate Scholarship in Structural Engineering is intended to encourage students to pursue advanced study in structural engineering. It is awarded annually to a student entering the first year of a graduate program.
The scholarship is for $5,000, payable at the end of the first successful term of enrollment.
Full-time students enrolled in the first year of the University of British Columbia’s MEng, MASc, or PhD program who:
- Have an outstanding overall academic record
- Demonstrate potential as a researcher
- Have excellent communication skills
How to apply
Complete the Apply Now form below and attach the following:
- A letter that describes your qualifications and career plans
- A current academic transcript
- Your curriculum vitae
Applications will be accepted annually between November 1 and December 1. Letters of notification will be sent to all applicants in December.
How the recipient is selected
Senior members of the DIALOG structural engineering team will review the applications and rate them using the following criteria:
- Interest in the structural engineering field, especially building or bridge engineering
- Demonstrated potential as a researcher
- Overall academic record
- Communication skills
- Community involvement
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume along with samples that shows your best work relevant to the role. Click below to submit your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org