We’re delighted to announce sθәqәlxenәm ts’exwts’áxwi7 Rainbow Park has been awarded a 2023 Award of Excellence from the Canadian Society of Landscape Architects (CSLA) in the Small-Scale Public Landscapes category.
Handed out each year, the Awards of Excellence highlight projects that are preeminent examples of Canadian landscape architecture. They illustrate the range of what landscape architects do and how landscape architects are helping to reshape our communities by defining the places where we live, work, and play.
sθәqәlxenәm ts’exwts’áxwi7 Rainbow Park, a collaborative project with the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation, serves 30,000 neighbours through complex terracing, elevated walkways and an integrated café pavilion that makes space for a vibrant and diverse community to come together. The result is a deeply connected, multi-dimensional experience that bridges nature and culture, past and future.
Winners were selected by a national jury of landscape architects, and were evaluated against the following criteria:
- demonstration of a deep understanding of the craft of landscape architecture and attention to composition and detail,
- demonstration of excellence in leadership, project management, breadth of work, new directions, or new technology,
- innovation in concept, process, materials, or implementation,
- promotion of the discipline amongst related professions, clients, and the general public,
- demonstration of exemplary environmental and/or social awareness.
National Awards are for work that demonstrate excellence against all judging criteria.
Congratulations to the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation and all involved in this transformational project!